The election for the second Community Fund Committee has been completed! I would like to take the time to thank everyone who has served on the first CFC! Further still, I would like to say a special thank you to those who have served but whose seats at the council are now held by new members. You were part of a crucial foundational period for the CFC that will continue to guide the future of the CFC. You were pioneers and for that we’ll be forever grateful! I would also like to thank everyone who has run for a seat this time and previously!
Now onto the main event and what everyone has been waiting for! We had all but Kristy(OhGodAGirl) run for reelection with the CFC. After the election poll completed, we had a tie for the 7th seat of the CFC, a tie between KartalEagle and RyanApeFiro! We had to host a tie break poll to see who the community ultimately wanted to fulfill the role. Now that both the election poll and the tie break poll have come to their conclusion we can now announce the new CFC members! Thank you everyone who took their time and cast their votes for not only the election poll, but the tie break poll!
The 2nd CFC members
The elected members for the new CFC, whom will now serve for a period of 1 year, are as follows:
For those who were nominated for a seat on the committee, but were not elected to one this election we are very grateful for you taking the time to participate, and we hope that you will continue to participate and be active members within the Firo community! Just as with our last election, the community has once again picked a well rounded mix of well established community members, subject matter experts and developers. We would like to thank the community for voting wisely!
How to get funded from the Firo Community Fund
Anyone can apply to be funded from the FCF by opening up a proposal in the Firo Crowdfunding System and also opening a thread on the forums to open discussion about it.
The Community Fund Committee can also independently initiate proposals to be funded from the Firo Community Fund.
What are the responsibilities of the Community Fund Committee?
- To decide along with taking into account community feedback on how the Firo Community Fund should be utilised.
- To help evaluate community requests for funding, do due diligence of applicant applying for funding and obtain all necessary information to ensure sufficient detail for scope of work.
- To evaluate and approve payment of milestone requests.
- To make all reasonings of the CFC for approval/rejection public.
- CFC can request for the core team’s feedback and opinion on proposals.
- To always conduct themselves with professionalism without resorting to personal attacks or insults.
How will the Firo Community Fund (FCF) be utilised?
- FCF funds must always be utilised for the benefit of Firo. Research, development or promotional activities that do not directly benefit Firo should not be undertaken.
- All FCF expenditure has to be disclosed. Any proposal that does not allow this will not be able to be funded from the FCF.
- FCF funds should not be used for giveaways even for the purpose of promoting adoption or participation.
- FCF funds should not be used to host purely social events. Educational or awareness events are acceptable but must be the primary component of the event.
- FCF funds should be used and while there shouldn’t be a pressure to spend funds, the FCF should not be hoarded.
- CFC can choose to use the FCF to employ contractors to embark on specific tasks or roles that will report directly to the CFC.
- Should the CFC deem fit, FCF funds can be burnt by sending it to this burn address.
- FCF funds address can be viewed here
Where can I see the deliberations of the Community Fund Committee?
All discussions of the CFC can be seen in our Discord in the channel #communityfund and is read-only. You will need to have verified status by passing the captcha to view the channel. You can also head on over to our Telegram Firo Community Fund Committee channel